Kanban System Design
September 27-28 (2 full days)
Learning objectives and benefits of the course
- Learn the fundamentals of the Kanban method:
- Understanding and using kanban systems for managing work
- Visualizing different types of work
- Understanding classes of services
- Design of a kanban system
- Workflow management
- Getting started with Kanban
This course is a must for everyone who needs to rationalize project workflow, resources and service management.
- At the end of this intensive course participants will have knowledge and experience in:
- The essential concepts of Kanban and their application in the particular context of attendee’s organization
- Improve team performance limiting the work in progress (WIP) and reducing multi –tasking
- Visualize current and pending work so that all stakeholders have visibility in the current progress and
- impediments in the workflow and be able to contribute to their optimization
- Design a kanban system for a service.
- Define the replenishment and delivery cadence that best fit customers’ needs of and team’s capacity
- Define classes of service and use them to address the variety of customer requests
- Understand the metrics for workflow management.
- How to get started with Kanban with special orientation for traditional-management organizations.
Topics to be covered
- Kanban system for knowledge work
- Kanban method principles and practices
- Design of a kanban system
- Classes of services and establishing service level agreements
- System Thinking Approach to Implementing Kanban
- Metrics for workflow management
- Coordinate work with Kanban
- Extending workflow up- and downstream
What you will get
- Two days of high quality training focussed on your needs.
- Course materials in electronic format (pdf format)
- One of the following books in electronic format: “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology
- Business” by David J Anderson or “Kanban from the Inside” by Mike Burrows
- Lean-Kanban University (LKU) certificate of course completion*
- Membership of the Lean-Kanban University
- Refreshments during the course and lunch
*To become a Certified Kanban Management Professional you should attend the Kanban Management Professional class as well.
Who should attend
This course is useful for anyone who wants to be successful in managing her work and involving her team-members in it.
In terms of roles:
Product development team members and Senior Managers
Service team members and Senior Managers
Team Leaders, Scrum Masters
Software developers and Testing professionals
Process Improvement Team members and Managers
Attendees are expected to have read “Kanban” by David J Anderson or “Kanban from the Inside” by Mike Burrows.
English and/or Spanish depending on the participants
Trainer: Teodora Bozheva (Berriprocess)
Teodora is Accredited Kanban Trainier and Certified Kanban Coaching Professional. For 15 years she had also been a Certified CMMI Instructor. She finds trainings a foundamental means to show people the right approach to achieving their goals.
Teodora works actively with companies willing to transform to flexible and efficient organizations, capable to thrive in dynamic work environments.
1040€ Pack Conference + KSD class
850€ for non-conference attendees